SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Groupon Addon 2876 Views

Groupon Addon

29 February 2012 at 5:55pm

Hi guys,

The module looks really cool at the moment, however i'm wondering if there are any plans for Groupon addon ?

Basically not to much to extend - product startselling date, minimum orders number per item to satisfy the selling action, maximum number of items availiable, and ending date/time.

As I'm desperateley looking into creating simple Groupon script on Silverstripe, maybe you could let me know if you are looking into it, or at least give me some ideas on your SilverCart module - how would it be better to start if doing with silvercart?

Cheers

Re: Groupon Addon

1 March 2012 at 1:56pm

Hi Promotion,

currently we have no plans to develop a module for Groupon.

Stock tracking can be activated, so you could control the number of items available.

Then you would have to add the functionality that a minimum amount of a certain item has to be in the cart.

Finally you need to activate/deactive the item based on the date - that would either require to decorate this functionality into the SilvercartProduct class or - as workaround - you could set up a scheduled task based on a CLI script that just activates / deactives the products. Here is a link to a nice tutorial about how to create a scheduled task or many scheduled tasks with SilverStripe http://deadlytechnology.com/silverstripe/scheduled-tasks/

Cheers
Ramon