SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Email setting issue 5824 Views

Email setting issue

7 April 2013 at 2:24am

G'day guys

Hope you guys can help me solve this.
I cannot get the email working. No email was sent to regular user/admin after click "Buy now". Payment method is set COD. Is there any special email settings that i need to know apart from Email sender. I cant find it on the online manual.

The email works normal on "trysilvercart.com"(Order notification, Order confirmation was sent to user(not admin??))

Thanks in advance

Re: Email setting issue

7 April 2013 at 10:38am Last edited: 7 April 2013 10:42am

Hi vitbeo,

you'll need to have a MTA like Postfix or Sendmail installed on your system.

Not sure if it is a general issue with SilverStripe or something specific to SilverCart. If you use the SilverStripe function to retrieve your password (http://yourdomain/Security/lostpassword), does this work?

You can add a global email recipient in the SilverCart config. This poor soul will from then on reveive a copy of each and every email sent by SilverCart.

Additionally, you can add an additional receiver on types of emails. You can add the additional recipient in the settings for Shop-Email.

Cheers
Ramon

7 April 2013 at 11:22am

Thanks for the reply Ramon,

This is confusing. I havent done anything relate to MTA and I don't really know What Postfix is. Do you mean install it as a module?

I could not reset my password either(../Security/lostpassword). The site is on localhost.

Cheers

7 April 2013 at 4:17pm

Hi vitbeo,

you need a program (MTA, mail transfer agent) that actually sends out the email. This has nothing to do with PHP, SilverStripe or SilverCart, it's a system administration issue. However, you could configure PHP not to use a local MTA but rather a SMTP server.

I dug up a thread from SilverStripe.org that might help you to configure SilverStripe with SMTP.

Cheers
Ramon

7 April 2013 at 4:22pm

I understand now. Thanks man.