SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic create new "Page" - where is it? 5540 Views

create new "Page" - where is it?

3 April 2013 at 2:41am Last edited: 3 April 2013 2:44am

Hi there,

I am new here and just played around with the trysilvercart.com. I created a new page "Page", saved and published it and when I click on 'pubished site' trysilvercart.com/new-page/?stage=Live opened and I can see the new page, but where is it in the navigation? I can't find it in any of the three navigations.

Haven't found anything in the forum about it. So I am probably missing something!? I thought it would work like silverstripe?

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks,
KG

Re: create new "Page" - where is it?

3 April 2013 at 9:48am

Hi,

The navigation is product group holder navigation. It wont link any page that you create. If you install SC on localhost you can copy and change the template. On trysilvercart.com, you can only use widget sets(Free text) to link to your page.
Cheers

Re: create new "Page" - where is it?

4 April 2013 at 9:31am Last edited: 4 April 2013 9:31am

Hi kg,

I am not sure what kind of page you want to publish. If you want to publish a new product group, the page type must be "SilverCartProductGroupPage" and it's only allowed as a child of a "SilverCartProductGroupHolder".

If you want to publish plain content pages, you can add them for example under Metanavigation in the SiteTree.

In case you want to have your own content structure including navigation, you will have to add it into the templates. As vitbeo (thanks for helping out ;-) ) pointed out, this is not possible in the demo installation. This only works if you have a local installation and basic skills on SilverStripe theming.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers
Ramon