SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Product variants - bug or behaviour? 2874 Views

Product variants - bug or behaviour?

28 March 2013 at 9:35am Last edited: 28 March 2013 9:37am

Hi guys,

a) what i need:
i have products, which can be sold as calibrated and non calibrated (default). Calibrated products are more expansive and each calibrated product has its own price (I cant make any calculation like +100€ or +20%, calibrated prices are per product specific).

b) what I get with product variants:
I created collection with characteristics "calibrated/non calibrated". If I add this attribute set to product, i can define custom modifiers (like set price to 350€ or add 100€ to price).

And here is the bug (behaviour?). To all products with this collection, all field modifiers will apply to a price (modifiers defined for other products taking place too).

So if i have 3 modifiers defined for 3 products like this:
set to 350
increase by 100
increase by 200

I get final price 650€ for each product :(

Screnshots:

Re: Product variants - bug or behaviour?

28 March 2013 at 4:13pm

Hello Pali,

this is the default behaviour, but there is a configuration setting where you can change it :)

In the backend main menu go to "Products: Variants" and open the "Config" tab.

There you should check "Field modifier rules apply on assigned attributes only".

Then delete your existing field modifiers and add them via the "Products: Products" editing mask:

Greetings,
Sascha

29 March 2013 at 9:28am

Hi Sascha,

didnt help me :(

I created variants as you told me (deleted everything and created from scratch), but all created characteristics are applied to all assigned products, no change :(

I sent you SQL.

Im using sc 1.3.6 version + variants master branch from bitbucket.

Pali

5 April 2013 at 2:57pm

Hello Pali,

after looking deeper into this I found that there was a flawed mechanism in the variant module.

A fixed version will be available this evening at bitbucket.

Thanks again for reporting, I hope everything will work now :)

Greetings,
Sascha

5 April 2013 at 3:58pm

Hello Sascha,

thanks again, i really appreciate it...

Btw. - how many people are using silvercat on production sites? Do you have some statistics?

Regards

Pali

6 April 2013 at 9:49am Last edited: 6 April 2013 9:49am

Hi Pali,

unfortunately we have no exact statistics. But I think there are about 30-50 productive installations.

With the intended relaunch of the website we'll offer the possibility to showcase the sites.

Cheers and have a nice weekend

Ramon

6 April 2013 at 9:52am

Hi guys,

just tried fixed variants and everything looks fine, thanks!

Have a nice weekend,

Pali

6 April 2013 at 3:28pm

Hi Pali,

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks @Sascha for the quick fix :-)

Cheers
Ramon