SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic special offer 7336 Views

special offer

24 March 2013 at 3:58pm

Hi there,

On the first, I want to say that I'm very glad to be able to use such a well made shop software for SS. Thanks a lot!

On the second, I was thinking over special offers or let say campaigns (?). Is there such a functionality yet or is there such a functionality planned in the future?

Re: special offer

25 March 2013 at 9:15am

Hi forest,

we already have a voucher module, which is indeed quite powerful.

In the article detail view, you can use the MSRP-field to show that an item is reduced.

What exactly is it that you want to do in your campaign and what functionality should the desired module have exactly?

Cheers
Ramon

25 March 2013 at 9:25am

Hi,

I thought already about vouchers and I think vouchers will do the work. I've "played" with them already, but unfortunately I get an error ;-)

[Notice] iconv_substr() [function.iconv-substr]: Detected an illegal character in input string
This error is shown after redeeming a voucher in the cart. If I save a voucher with minus seven e.g. (-7€), there won't be an error, the voucher will just be added as an extra position (positive value). Vice versa there is the described error.

Thanks a lot
forest

25 March 2013 at 9:47am

Hi forest,

could you try to use the full package incl. SilverStripe from our download section if you have not already?

We had to patch some very outdated files from the ZEND-Framework and what you describe sounds like this is the case. The patched files are in the SilverStripe-Versions we have bundled.

Cheers
Ramon

25 March 2013 at 10:18am

Thanks for the hint! I've used this bundle, but to be sure, I changed all directories except mysite and themes with the directories from your bundle again.
The original error doesn't appear again, but there is another one after clicking on "buy it now" (last checkout step)

[Notice] Trying to get property of non-object
in the further details:
Line 865 in /www/htdocs/w00fe4f0/shop_v2/silvercart_marketing_vouchers/code/base/SilvercartVoucher.php
if ($originalVoucher->quantity > 0) {

thanks in advance!
forest

26 March 2013 at 1:57am

Well, I think I've solved this issue, I'm not sure, but:

SilvercartVoucher.php on Line 865 I added another if-statement to proof if there is an object before doing the operations - now everything seems to work as expected.

-----

Sry for being annoying again but there is another question related to this topic ;-)

Is there a possibility to add a voucher automatically?
e.g. a user buys product X and if there are enough vouchers Y left, voucher Y will be added automatically to the cart...

thanks in advance
forest

28 March 2013 at 3:58pm Last edited: 28 March 2013 3:59pm

Hello Forest,

your patch will be added in the next voucher module release, thank you :)

Currently there's no possibility to add vouchers automatically. You could however extend SilvercartProduct::addToCart with a custom plugin ("onAfterAddToCart") to check the prerequisites and add a voucher if applicable (see the documentation for writing plugins).

Greetings,
Sascha