SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic [resolved] access to a product is only via /home/productgroups/? 1673 Views

[resolved] access to a product is only via /home/productgroups/?

4 November 2013 at 9:37am Last edited: 16 November 2013 1:52pm

Hi,
Since I do not need the details page of a product, to make sure no customer can reach it I opted for locking down access to the productgroup(s) in the CMS (Access tab -> Who can view this page? -> Administrators).
My question is: is it enough to block access to productgroups because product pages can be accessed via productgroups only, or am I overlooking something and something else should be done too?

Thanx in advance
Szabesz

Re: [resolved] access to a product is only via /home/productgroups/?

5 November 2013 at 12:29pm Last edited: 5 November 2013 12:32pm

Hi Szabesz,

I never did something like this, but to restrict the access to administrators should be enough.

PS: The current (not yet published) version of SilverCart is a mechanism that forces any URL that would show a products detail to redirect to the unique one in its main group context (for SEO reasons to prevent potential duplicate content).

Best Regards
Sebastian

Re: [resolved] access to a product is only via /home/productgroups/?

5 November 2013 at 12:40pm

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you again! Well the shop I'm currently working on is going to sell only 8(!) products and we decided to use a ColorBox like modal window to "replace" the details page.

Nice to know the next version of SilverCart will be a bit more SEO friendly, I'm going to work on another shop in the near future with the details page used as usual.

Best Regards
Szabesz