SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic [resolved] Bug: "address labels" are missing when not a default address is used 1721 Views

[resolved] Bug: "address labels" are missing when not a default address is used

12 November 2013 at 2:42pm Last edited: 16 November 2013 12:51pm

Hi PixelTricks!

The title "shipping address" or "invoice address" are missing when not a default address is used by a registered customer. It happens when using (for example) a third address. To get he idea:

As far as I can understand, In SilvercartAddressDetailReadOnly.ss "if isInvoiceAddress" and "if isShippingAddress" (and probably isInvoiceAndShippingAddress too) checks if the addresses are the _default_ ones, not the ones set by the customer during checkout when they actually select the addresses to be used for the order. But I might be wrong.

A quick fix I used is this:

<% if isInvoiceAddress %>
<strong><% _t('SilvercartAddressHolder.INVOICEADDRESS','invoice address') %>:</strong>
<% else %>
<strong><% _t('SilvercartAddressHolder.SHIPPINGADDRESS','shipping address') %>:</strong>
<% end_if %>

And removed the "Add New Address" button from the "Invoice address" checkout form. This way only "Shipping address" can be changed during checkout, but my fix works.

Can you please suggest better fix than this?
Thanx in advance
Szabesz

Re: [resolved] Bug: "address labels" are missing when not a default address is used

16 November 2013 at 12:51pm Last edited: 16 November 2013 12:52pm

Hi Gábor,

this issue is fixed and the fix will be published with the next release.

The check for isShippingAddress() did not consider the checkout context properly.

Thanks for reporting that issue :)

Cheers
Ramon

Re: [resolved] Bug: "address labels" are missing when not a default address is used

16 November 2013 at 1:22pm Last edited: 16 November 2013 1:22pm

Hi Ramon,

Thanx for the reply and the fix. In the meantime I've simplified my webshop so that customers are unable to use anything else other than their default addresses. You know, this webshop will be used by US customers who should not be presented too many functions :)

cheers
Szabesz