SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Trouble, loggin in 3753 Views

Trouble, loggin in

11 May 2012 at 10:50am

Hi there

I'm just trying out SilverCart. It looks good.

However, I cannot stay logged in.

Whenever I do anything in the backend, I get logged out - and have to log in again.

Any idea whats wrong...

Joel

Re: Trouble, loggin in

14 May 2012 at 11:02am

Hello Joelg,

thanks for your feedback.

This sounds more like a general issue with SilverStripe itself.

Can you confirm that cookies are being accepted on your browser?

How long does it take until you are being logged out? Immediately after the first click or after a while of inactivity?

Cheers
Ramon

14 May 2012 at 11:15am

Hi Ramon

First click anywhere in the CMS and I get kicked out...

Cookies are beeing accepted in my browser, I run a lot of SilverStripe installations in my browser - both local and on webservers, so I guess that shouldn't be the problem.

Joel

15 May 2012 at 10:05am

Hello Joel,

there are two reasons I can think of:

1) cache directories are not writeable

- there should be a "silverstripe-cache" directory in your Silverstripe root directory that is writeable by the webserver. If there's none there should be a writeable "/tmp" directory on your webserver (provided that you use a linux webserver).

2) log in via "{YOUR_URL}/admin", not via the frontend login button

- If you use the standard admin (the one without a database entry in the Member table) you shouldn't log in via the frontend login button from SilverCart but call the url "{YOUR_URL}/admin" and log in via the standard login form.

If none of those solutions work we'd need more details (e.g. the SilverCart version you're using, the URL to your installation if it's reachable from outside, log file entries/errors if available).

If there are any sensible informations contained you can send them to "skoehler [at] pixeltricks [dot] de" instead of posting them here.

All the best,
Sascha

15 May 2012 at 10:21am

Hi Sascha

There is a silverstripe-cache directory with write permissions. There are lots of files in this directory too.

I've tried to log in from many different places, I still get logged out of the CMS.

It is possible to place orders in frontend and create orders.

I can log in a see stuff, but for every action I have to log in again. Really strange.

I'm using PHP 5.3.2, and the SilverCart package was downloaded only a few days ago.

I'm just playing around with SilverCart locally, so theres no available URL I can give you, sorry.

Anyway, SilverCart looks good... Any ideas what I can do next?

Joel

15 May 2012 at 3:53pm

Hello Joel,

at the moment I don't have an idea about what's going wrong there.

Can you give me some more information about your environment, please?

- what browser do you use?
- what SilverCart version number do you see when being logged in (it's located at the right bottom of the browser window)?
- what operating system does your webserver run on?
- how much memory does your php.ini configuration allow for PHP scripts?

Greetings,
Sascha

15 May 2012 at 4:42pm

Hi Sascha

I use Chrome and Safari on Mac.

The SilverCart version is 1.2

My operating system is Mac OS X, LAMP, with 256 mb ram in php.ini - safe mode off.

Joel