SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic SilverCart has hidden my existing pages 3324 Views

SilverCart has hidden my existing pages

2 May 2012 at 4:17am

Hi there,

I have installed Silvercart into an exiting Sivlerstripe install, but my existing pages ie About Us, contact Us - are nowhere to be found.

Only the home page is displayed.

Why would silvercart hide my existing content pages? And how do I get them to show in a menu on the front page?

I eagerly look forward to hearing from you.

Re: SilverCart has hidden my existing pages

2 May 2012 at 4:16pm

Hi,

by default SilverCart shows content pages as children of the SilvercartMetaNavigationHolder (page under the SilverCart tree root in SiteTree, can be edited in CMS).

This behaviour is defined by SilverCart's default page template (/silvercart/templates/Page.ss). You can copy this template into your projects template path (e.g. /mysite/templates/) and modify the navigation behaviour for your needs. The main navigation can be found in /silvercart/templates/Includes/SilvercartNavigation.ss, the meta navigation on the bottom of /silvercart/templates/Page.ss.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: SilverCart has hidden my existing pages

3 May 2012 at 12:51am

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. But I still find it terribly confusing.

Why doesn't Silvercart just allow us to show our existing pages right from install instead of us having to edit the templating. That would be a better solution.

So now I have to edit the templates, what do I remove or add to get my normal pages to show?

Do I remove the children controls?