SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Large-ish webshop supporting translatable and...? 2927 Views

Large-ish webshop supporting translatable and...?

5 May 2012 at 12:10pm

Hi,
I'm asked to develope a webshop that will contain a couple of thousand products and ultimately cater to multiple countries.

So I'm wondering if SilverCart is up to that task. It'd have to at least support iDeal (Dutch payment system), I could possibly use a paymentprovider like Buckaroo, that offers a singe API to implement multiple payment options, but I'd still have to build a custom payment extension for that I guess.

Other things are
- bulk product import
- translatable support(!)
- custom content pages
- multiple product support
- callouts and other promotional stuff, like giftwrapping, vouchers and...?

I can do my bit of coding, that wouldn't be so much of a problem, but I would like to know how bendable/extendable SilverCart is, and if it would be up to a projexct like this.

I'm aiming on having a (single-country) version ready for testing in about two months. Would this be at all doable? I'd rather not divert to, say, Magento for this, as SilverStripe's definitely the CMS of my choice...

Any advice is very much appreceated :-)
thanks,
Martine

Re: Large-ish webshop supporting translatable and...?

7 May 2012 at 8:33am

Hello Martine,

sounds like SilverCart 1.3 will be the release for your needs.

We just finished implementing full translatable capabilities (products, order status, etc.) and are currently testing everything.

In regard to iDeal we're creating a payment module for saferpay (www.saferpay.com) that can act as a provider to iDeal.
This module will be released together with SilverCart 1.3.

The bulk import of products is already doable via CSV files in 1.2; the spec will change a bit to reflect the changes of the new translatable capabilities though.

There's already a voucher module for 1.2, too.

In general SilverCart, just as Silverstripe, is easily adjustable even to very special needs. I'd say that your requirements can be met with version 1.3.
The two-month goal should be no problem as well.

If you need a pre-release version of 1.3 just send me an email to "skoehler [at] pixeltricks [dot] de".

All the best,
Sascha