SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Recurring payments 2514 Views

Recurring payments

21 February 2012 at 4:52pm

I'm researching the implementation of a paid membership system and considering customising either the SS eCommerce module, SilverCart or rolling something customised.

Membership will be paid on a yearly basis with the option of an enhanched listing. I couldn't find any default support for the above, but does SilverCart support the following:
+ Recurring payments?
+ Purchasing of digital products?

Re: Recurring payments

22 February 2012 at 11:55am Last edited: 22 February 2012 12:03pm

Hello Marijn,
SilverCart does not have a digital sales or recurring payments feature.
I realize that Silvercart.org is missing a feature description site. Your request just pointed that out, thanks.
The feature description is curretly harboured in the docu:
http://doc.silvercart.org/doku.php/silvercart:20_userbase:20_features

Re: Recurring payments

22 February 2012 at 11:56am Last edited: 22 February 2012 11:57am

Hello Marijn,

so far SilverCart does not support recurring payments or purchasing digital products.

As for recurring payments, there is more information needed about the implementation. You can e.g. handle this via PayPal externally. See https://www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring for more information. It also depends heavily on the payment system that shall be used for the recurring payment. Since the implementation is depending on the specific needs of the client, we have not published such a module yet.

Digital downloads was on our roadmap but we scrapped it because of lacking demand.

Not sure if you can benefit that much from SilverCart if you are developing a membership based system, since it is a little bit off of the business case we have in mind for our eCommerce module ;-)

Cheers
Ramon