SilverCart 1.3.8 + 1.3.9
There was quite a bunch of project work to be done (and still is), so we have to choose wisely how to spend our time. Since one current project involves SilverStripe 3 + SilverCart 3 we are a bit conservative when it comes to developing new features for our ecommerce module SilverCart 1. Not that we would not love to do it - we just don‘t have the resources. In fact, we have been so busy that we did not announce SilverCart 1.3.8 which was already released in may.
Nevertheless, we still improved SilverCart during the last months by fixing bugs, improving performance and creating some convenient methods for developers. There are also 2 new modules - Trusted Shops module, which simplifies the Trusted Shops certification process and Product Lists which can be used as a wishlist that contains products to be purchased.
You can download SilverCart 1.3.9 in our download section.
Changes for SilverCart 1.3.8
- Added method to get a product group pages breadcrumbs without links.
- My Account Dashboard is built dynamically by checking the children of SilvercartMyAccountHolder. This allows a module to add content to the Dashboard.
- A products images can now be overwritten by a decorator using the method overwriteSilvercartImages.
- Increment quantity form on shopping cart page works again.
- SilvercartCountryAdmin works again.
- Fixed routine to get a shipping fee by country when PostPricing and non-PostPricing fees are selected.
- Fixed wrong navigation level behavior of SilvercartProductGroupNavigationWidget.
- Packstation information will now be used for an orders print template (if set).
- Increment quantity form on shopping cart page works again part 2.
- SilvercartConfig::addToCartMaxQuantity setting works with more than 3 digits now.
- SilvercartProduct::updateMetaTitle can be used now.
- Made language dropdown field XHTML 1.0 compatible.
- Made language dropdown field compatible with plain silvercart.
- SilvercartConfig->disableDefaultLayout() works now.
- Removed deprecated sub menu out of SilvercartProductGroupHolder.ss.
- Added some new column width classes to SilvercartGeneral.css.
- Added some additional column width css classes.
- Added some field labels to SilvercartCustomer.
- Added method to check whether the current member is registered or not.
- Added glyphicons_halflings.png to use for buttons or other elements.
- Some minor enhancements on how SilvercartProductGroupPageSelectorsForm builds its form fields.
- Manufacturer widget uses the front title instead of the widget title (if set). The widget will be marked when the current list is filtered by manufacturer.
- The search widgets input field will now gain full widget width.
- Added link or section and level indicator to SilvercartProductGroupNavigationWidgetEntry.
- Added base css class to SilvercartProductGroupNavigationWidget.
- SilvercartProductGroupPage_Controller::DetailViewProductMetaTitle is overwritable now.
- Added possibility to add custom output to the default checkout order confirmation page.
- Added css class .with-submenu to use with .silvercart-button to add a dropdown button to the frontend
Changes for SilverCart 1.3.9
- A deeplink can now have a prefix and/or a suffix.
- Added dev task to clean the Zend based cache files (/dev/tasks).
- A products LastEditedForCache property can now be updated by setting a checkbox in backend. The product dependent cache files can be flushed this way.
- Added possibility to hide manufacturer dropdown in a products cms fields.
- Added support for TableListField::Utility to SilvercartEditableTableListField.
- Added indicator 'IsActive' to BreadcrumbParts in SilvercartPage.
- Added method getSilvercartThumbnails to SilvercartProduct.
- Added badgeColor setting to SilvercartAvailabilityStatus.
- Changed rendering context of product group items widget to enhance the performance.
- On product detail pages correct forms for widgets are used now.
- Fixed utf8 encoding issue for dynamically created product group meta descriptions.
- Fixed inheritance of a product details page meta description.
- Fixed fallback add to cart form name in SilvercartProduct::productAddCartForm().
- Search results will now be displayed using the correct locale context.
- Removed Apache Solr stuff out of example data.
- Some minor changes in update routine 1.3 - 9.
PS: If you have read the above carefully, you might wonder what had happened to SilverCart 2. We decided to skip it to be consistend with the major SilverStripe version number.