SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Problem using SilverStripe Themes (BluePigment, iTheme) 2319 Views

Problem using SilverStripe Themes (BluePigment, iTheme)

1 May 2013 at 5:03pm Last edited: 1 May 2013 5:04pm

Hi everyone,

i am planning a Webshop and im very interested in SilverCart, so far it looks very good to me. But now I encountered my first problem with the theming. Im not an web developer and hope someone can help me here.

Generally question: can I use SilverStripe Themes with SilverCart (with reasonable adjustments for an non-Webdeveloper) Or perhaps it is generally problematic to do this?

My problem:

I have downloaded www.silverstripe.org/itheme/ and www.silverstripe.org/BluePigment/ and installed (according to the official installation steps), but both doesn work correctly and result in a "white style theme"; Screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/images/130501/rsyr35o5.png.

It seems to be a problem with accessing the CSS files (but filesystem permissions are fine and I can find nothing unusual in the Webserver logs (httpcode 404 or something like that). The behavior is the same with all Browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) that I tried.

I am using SilverCart 1.3.7 full simply with an apache2 Webserver and mysql dbms on a linux machine. To test the themes I imported the in-build Sampledatas and activated the widgetsets "Startseite Seitenleiste" (engl. startseite sidebar) for the sidebar and corresponding the Widgetset "Startseite Inhaltsbereich" (engl. startsite content) for the content on the webshop startseite.

Is it possible to get this themes working, what can I do?

Thanks for any help,
Silvio

Re: Problem using SilverStripe Themes (BluePigment, iTheme)

2 May 2013 at 10:13am

Hi Silvio,

if you use other themes, you'll have to modify the SilverCart template to match them.

Basically, a theme consists of a template file with an arbitrary HTML-structure with IDs and classes. These classes and IDs are referenced in the according CSS-file.

If you use another CSS-file (like the one from your other themes), you'll have to adjust the HTML markup in the SilverCart template files.

There is no other way, you have to manually adjust the SilverCart template files to match the theme you use.

To get started, you should have a look at the theming section of SilverCart documentation

Cheers
Ramon

Re: Problem using SilverStripe Themes (BluePigment, iTheme)

2 May 2013 at 3:40pm

Hi Ramon,

that sounds locical.

Thanks a lot - I now know, what I have to do.

Cheers,
Silvio