SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1 , 2
Topic Nothing displaying on front page on fresh install. 5729 Views

Re: Nothing displaying on front page on fresh install.

5 December 2012 at 10:16pm

Sure.

Do you have an e-mail I could send the login credentials to?

I can't seem to find the 'private message' feature on this forum.

6 December 2012 at 8:00am

Oh, sure ;-)

It's info@pixeltricks.de

Cheers
Ramon

6 December 2012 at 8:41am Last edited: 6 December 2012 8:58am

Hi cpt,

not sure why, but your installation is messed up a wee bit.

I assume you did not see this site tree with so many entries, did you?

This is how it should look like, and switching translations made it disappear...

Maybe it came from en_NZ locale you specified, we have to reproduce this here on our side.

I created a new silvercartproductgrouppage here http://sc.dev.drinkshop.co.nz/home-en-NZ/productgroups-en-NZ/new-silvercartproductgrouppage-nz/ and assigned one product.

This was the reason why no product groups and no products showed up: ProductGroupPages must be children of a ProductGroupHolder.

I also deleted the misplaced entries.

Cheers
Ramon

6 December 2012 at 10:50pm

Not entirely sure what to make of what you did (more so cos I'm not that familiar with SilverStripe/SilverCart) but thanks for attempting to help Ramon.

The footer text has disappeared. The "language/locale" drop down box from the top right displays "English - English" twice. And the homepage still doesn't list the current products (I apologize if you've mentioned why, but I haven't understood).

I think it'll be best if I try another fresh install using the default (US?) locale, and see how that goes.

7 December 2012 at 8:14am Last edited: 7 December 2012 8:15am

Hi cpt,

you are perfectly right, a clean fresh install should do the trick. Sorry for not making that perfectly clear.

When you are more familiar with SilverStripe you can just change the locale for the SiteTree elements, but for now a fresh install would be the best idea.

If you do need more help, we're glad to help you out.

If you want to just play around with it and evaluate the administration area, you can have your hosted demo up and running in minutes.

Cheers
Ramon