SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1 , 2
Topic Problem with widget and ProductGroupPage 4708 Views

Problem with widget and ProductGroupPage

24 October 2012 at 7:48pm

Hi all, I have another question...

In the online demo, I can choose where I can show the list of the Product using the Widget Sets, but in the installation on my pc the same checkboxes are disabled.

I try to explain better attaching two images:

screenshot installation offline

screenshot demo online

There's another strange thing in the installation on my pc: Choosing a ProductGroupPage and select the Product tab there's nothing in the list even if I install the Samples data as you can see in the image below

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Problem with widget and ProductGroupPage

25 October 2012 at 9:52am Last edited: 25 October 2012 9:54am

Hello Papipano,

thanks for your feedback. I could reproduce the widget issue, this is a bug in SilverCart 1.3.1.

We have already fixed this in the development version and will release 1.3.2 later today.

Regarding the missing products:

The demo products get assigned to the default product groups only. The view from your screenshot displays only the already assigned products.

If you want to assign other products to the product group "Abbonamento" you can do that in the product admin ("Products:Products").
There's also a documentation page available for that task (see section "Tab Product groups").

All the best,
Sascha

25 October 2012 at 3:20pm Last edited: 25 October 2012 4:12pm

Hello everybody!

Thanks Sascha for your reply.

For the first problem I wait for the new release of Silvercart later today.

For the 2nd problem:
I know the Samples products referes only a Sample product group, so I create 2 new products as you can see in the image below (item number 1012 and 1013) - and there no product group neither for samples products nor for custom product

When I want to select a product group about the product I find only some group that I haven't create as productGroupPage(see the images below), and I don't see the Group.

In the documentation page you tell me, when I select a product I can select a productGroup as shown in this image:

Help me!

Thanks a lot!

Bye

25 October 2012 at 5:26pm

Hi Papipano,

sorry, but we won't be able to release SilverCart 1.3.2 today. We've prepared most of it, but some unplanned tasks came in between.

Tomorrow it will be the first thing we do :-)

We'll then also look into your other issue.

Cheers
Ramon

25 October 2012 at 6:16pm

Hello Ramon,

thanks for reply! I await the new release, I hope early tomorrow!

Good evening!

P.

26 October 2012 at 10:03am

Good morning,

could you send me a message when the new release is out?

It's very important for me because I'm in a hurry with my customer...

Thanks a lot!

Bye

P.

26 October 2012 at 4:07pm

Hi all,

I have installed the new release 1.3.2, and this version solved my problems about the selection of the widget in the sidebar or front content area;
but I still have the problem about the selection of the product group from product:product tab because I can't find any product group in the dropdown menu.

So just to explain better:

The page Abbonamenti is a SilvercartProductGroupPage and it's in the root of the Sitetree, but when I want to choose a product to store in it the list is empty.

The same if I select a product in the Products:Products and I try to put in a Product Group.

So probably I miss something... Could you explain to me how can I create a product group to show it in the Products_Products dropdown menu?

Many thanks, I have to delivery my work asap... but until I solve this problems I cannot publish it!

Bye.

P.

26 October 2012 at 4:16pm Last edited: 26 October 2012 4:17pm

Hello Papipano,

it seems like you have the ProductGroupHolder page "NuovaSilvercartProductGroupHolder".

This page needs to have the IdentifierCode "SilvercartProductGroupHolder". All product group pages must be inside this holder page. Otherwise they won't appear in the dropdown menu.

So if you move the pages "Abbonamenti", "Payment Modules", "Marketing Modules" and "Other Modules" inside "NuovaSilvercartProductGroupHolder" they should show up in the dropdown menu.

Unfortunately this is a limitation by the Silverstripe TreeDropdownField.

All the best,
Sascha