SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Can't translate product images 2237 Views

Can't translate product images

23 August 2012 at 1:54pm Last edited: 23 August 2012 2:02pm

Hi,
I'm working with Silvercart 1.3 and when I create a new translation, product images does not appears in the new language. In the translation tab of the image popup there is no way to create a new translation.

What am I doing wrong ?

Re: Can't translate product images

23 August 2012 at 4:32pm

Hi Gennaro,

in the backend under "Configuration: General configuration" in tab section "General" -> "Main" there's a checkbox "Use default language if no translation is found?" and a dropdown field "default language".

First, activate the checkbox if it isn't activated already.

Then choose your primary shop language in the dropdown field.
Most likely the field will have german as default; if you setup the shop with english or italian as primary language SilverCart won't be able to find the fallback image.

This is a quirk in current SilverCart and will be fixed in the next minor release.

All the best,
Sascha

23 August 2012 at 5:02pm

Hi Sascha,
thank you for your reply :)
The checkbox is already activated and the default language is German (Deutsch) but it still not work. Why ?

24 August 2012 at 9:41am

Hi Gennaro,

the default language should be the language you use in the backend.

If e.g. your backend is in US English the default language should be US English, too.

All the best,
Sascha

24 August 2012 at 1:04pm

Hi Sascha,
everything works fine now. :D

Thank you !!!
Gennaro