SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1 , 2
Topic Variants and field modifiers not working? 4782 Views

Re: Variants and field modifiers not working?

20 August 2012 at 2:35am Last edited: 21 August 2012 1:05am

Hi Sascha,

That seems to work fine.

One other question/observation with variants. When you edit a product, to assign the variants to the product, you are able to edit the field modifier associated with the variant. If you do, however, then this affects all instances of the variant—not just the (unique) variant for that particular product. It would seem to me that if you edit the variant when editing the product then that should only affect that one product; if you want to change every instance of the variant you should have to go back to the Variants sub-menu and do it there.

In my case, I would like to be able to individually alter the field modifier on a product-by-product basis (printing costs vary depending on the particular product) so the user interface is already there but the implementation doesn't work as expected. (The field modifier should be independent of the variant and editable for each product.)

Unfortunately, my guess is that this is not what you intended—in which case I think you need to remove the ability to edit the field modifier when editing the product as it doesn't do what you would expect from a user-interface point of view.

I hope this makes sense, and this, of course, is only my opinion.

Graeme