SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Installation Issues 4102 Views

Installation Issues

9 August 2012 at 12:15pm Last edited: 2 September 2012 8:17pm

Hi,

I am having problems with installation on webserver. After configuring all the installation settings on the install.php page i click to install.

Silver stripe begins the install and then just stops around this "
Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

"

any assistance would be appreciated

Re: Installation Issues

9 August 2012 at 1:52pm

Hi shluckey,

can you check the logfiles (error.log, php.log etc) for any useful entries?

If you say it stops, I assume you have waited several minutes and nothing happened?

Usually the PHP max execution time and max memory limit are factors that prevent a successful installation, but without error messages or logfile entries it's hard to guess.

Cheers
Ramon

9 August 2012 at 3:33pm

[Notice] Array to string conversion
POST /install.php

Line 396 in /Users/lukefreeman/Desktop/localtest/sapphire/core/model/Database.php

Source

387                $array_spec = $this->indexList[$table][$index_alt]['spec'];
388             } else {
389                $array_spec = $this->indexList[$table][$index_alt];
390             }
391          }
392       }
394       if($newTable || !isset($this->indexList[$table][$index_alt])) {
395          $this->transCreateIndex($table, $index, $spec);
396          $this->alterationMessage("Index $table.$index: created as $spec","created");
397       } else if($array_spec != DB::getConn()->convertIndexSpec($spec)) {
398          $this->transAlterIndex($table, $index, $spec);
399          $spec_msg=DB::getConn()->convertIndexSpec($spec);
400          $this->alterationMessage("Index $table.$index: changed to $spec_msg <i style=\"color: #AAA\">(from {$array_spec})</i>","changed");         
401       }
402    }

'I dont know how to fix this'

9 August 2012 at 4:00pm

I've fixed this sorry 'Now going to attempt to install silver cart'

9 August 2012 at 4:10pm

No theres nothing in the error logs, nothing happens at all it just stops no reason from what I can tell. Any other ideas?

9 August 2012 at 5:08pm

What PHP Version are you using? Maybe switching to 5.3 does the trick...

Cheers
Ramon

13 August 2012 at 2:21am Last edited: 13 August 2012 4:38am

I am having exactly the same issues with installation.

I have tried installing Silverstripe 2.4.7, which works fine, and then installing Silvercart modules, making changes to the _config.php file, etc., and then running /dev/build?flush=all. I get a white screen and nothing in the logs.

If I try a full Silvercart 1.3 install I get to the same point as shluckey, i.e., setting up .htaccess file... and then no further. Is the problem to do with communicating with the database?

I have tried this on my own MAMP server (PHP 5.4.4) and a live server running PHP 5.2.17 (with memory_limit of 128M) which I use for all my other Silverstripe sites. Same problem on both and I have tried every combination I can think of.

Running PHP 5.2.17 on a MAMP server: I get this error when installing the full Silvercart 1.3:

[13-Aug-2012 14:34:58] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/silvercart_1.3_full_with_silverstripe/silvercart/code/translation/SilvercartDataObjectMultilingualDecorator.php on line 335

Running PHP 5.4.4 I get this:

[09-Aug-2012 21:49:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/SilverStripe_v2/silvercart/code/plugins/SilvercartPlugin.php on line 168

Graeme

13 August 2012 at 4:52pm

Hello,

I just did a plain install with the full SilverCart 1.3 download package (including Silverstripe) on MAMP 2.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

The MAMP installation provides PHP 5.3.6 and MySQL 5.5.9, with the memory limit in php.ini set to 128 MB and magic_quotes_gpc = Off.

There had been a problem with the customer ratings module when installing in a subdirectory. This issue is fixed already and available on the download page (bumped Rating version from 1.0 to 1.0.1).

Apart from that everything else worked fine, including adding products to the cart.

@shluckey: your issue occured for me, too. Setting the memory_limit in php.ini to 128 MB fixed it for me.

SilverCart hasn't been tested on PHP 5.4 yet and PHP 5.2 versions can be quite buggy, so use version 5.3 for the time being, please.
We'll be trying to get PHP 5.4 compatible in the course of this week.

All the best,
Sascha