SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1 , 2
Topic Product Variations module 8284 Views

Re: Product Variations module

29 June 2012 at 11:36am

Hi Sebastian

ok thanks, how do i upgrade to 1.3 if it isnt yet on the website to download.

Many thanks

Tamara

29 June 2012 at 11:49am

You can download the SilverCart tip version.

Do a MySQL backup before updating.

Perhaps you have to execute the /dev/build/?flush=all process twice.
After doing the /deb/build, there are a few SilverCart internal updates to do.

You can execute the SilverCart updates by using sake in terminal (sake SilvercartUpdateTask) or in backend (Configuration -> Updates). Especially the update routine for converting SilverCart 1.2 to the translatable feature is expensive, so i recommend to do the update in terminal/shell by using sake (sake is a lot faster then calling the update in backend).

If you can't use the sake update routine, you have to temporarily increase your PHP execution time, OR some of the update steps could be interrupted.
If an update routine interruppts, you can repeat the update step until it is displayed as 'success'.

PS: I forgot to mention that you have to rename the variant modules folder to 'sivercart_product_variants'.

Cheers,
Sebastian

29 June 2012 at 1:23pm

Hi Sebastian

i've loaded 1.3 (love the new interface!!) and added the product variants module. Without any documentation i really am stuck. Plus the module looks really buggy and im getting tabs with no text on etc.

I basically have a few tshirts which the user must select their preferred size. so would either need a check box group or drop down list of sizes - small, medium, large.

Im really stuck and really dont want to have to dump silvercart because of this. Is there any help you can give.

Many thanks

Tamara

29 June 2012 at 2:06pm

Hi Tamara,

would it be possible for me to have a look into your installations backend to determine the behavior?

Or perhaps some screenshots?

If yes, you can send some informations to sdiel[at]silvercart[dot]org.

A few environment information would be great (perhaps Translatable/i18n default settings).

Cheers,
Sebastian

29 June 2012 at 2:40pm

Hi Sebastian

i am in the process of uploading to my site as its currently on mamp. i downloaded a complete new silvercart to run 1.3 and product variations so you will notice the templates are standard. I will send you admin login details and an ftp login so you can see the install.

im just waiting for it to upload.

Many thanks

Tamara

29 June 2012 at 2:48pm

Ok, sounds good :)

I'm going to the german SilverStipe Meetup in about 15 minutes, so I won't be able to check your installation today, sorry.

Cheers,
Sebastian

29 June 2012 at 2:55pm

Hi Seabastian

no problem at all, whenever you can help would be great. I've just sent you on email your own ftp logins and the cms admin login.

Many thanks

Tamara

6 July 2012 at 9:09am

FYI: Solved this issue.

There was an i18n fallback bug when adding modules after a completed SilverCart installation.

Cheers,
Sebastian