SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1 , 2
Topic Cannot create silvercart widget 4449 Views

Cannot create silvercart widget

16 May 2012 at 6:31am

Hi,

I am having trouble creating silvercart widgets even on a fresh install. The ones loaded as sample config can be edited but if i click to creat one it brings up a blank screen (admin is there but no place edit and enter info) and if i then press add it saves the widget as completely blank in the database.

Cheers for any thoughts or help.

Re: Cannot create silvercart widget

17 May 2012 at 9:00pm

Hi Brad,

can you check the error logs for any entries after you have reproduced this behaviour?

Cheers
Ramon

19 May 2012 at 1:00am

Hey Ramon,

Thanks for the reply, I cannot find any error in the error log.

The page loads fine with the successful green javascript message confirming to 'fill in the form and press add to create the widget', there is just no form loaded.

If I press 'add' it it does save it with the green success message but when i go to edit the new one it again shows no form to edit it with. preloaded sample ones can be edited though and brings uo the correct form.

I have tried it both with my site and a unmoded fresh install both on my local and a hosted environment. all with the same results.

Cheers for any help you can give.

22 May 2012 at 11:44am

Hi Brad,

could you please tell us the version of your SilverCart installation?

Cheers,
Sebastian

22 May 2012 at 10:34pm

Hey

Its SilverCart 1.2.1 Full (with SilverStripe) downloaded from the dowloads page.

Cheers.

2 June 2012 at 11:21am

Does anyone have a clue for me or can confirm that the widgets deffinately works faultlessly for them?

Cheers

6 June 2012 at 3:15pm

Hello Brad,

I'll do a plain installation of SilverCart 1.2 tomorrow and try to reproduce the problem. In any case I'll drop you a line here on how things went.

Greetings,
Sascha

6 June 2012 at 11:10pm

awsome thanks.

:-)