SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Ongoing translation issues 2095 Views

Ongoing translation issues

24 January 2012 at 5:32am

So I am slowly fixing the translation issues that I find, however one item has me stumped :

When hovering over the product group links I get the German "Gere zur blahblah Seite" even though the langauge is set to EN-AU and I have a correct translation in the silvercart/lang/en_AU.php file.

The Line is question is :
$lang['en_AU']['SilvercartPage']['GOTO'] = 'Go to %s page';

which is line 951 in the original de_DE.php file:
$lang['de_DE']['SilvercartPage']['GOTO'] = 'gehe zur %s Seite';

I based my en_AU.php on the en_US.php file and just localised it to suit.

The rest of the translations carry across, so I know the file is being called correctly.

Thanks,
Bill.

Re: Ongoing translation issues

24 January 2012 at 11:42am Last edited: 24 January 2012 11:43am

Hi Bill,

this is a bug in silvercart/templates/Includes/SilvercartNavigation.ss.
There is a hard coded german string inside the title attribute of the a tag on line 7.
This should be fixed by replacing the line with the following one:

<a href="$Link" title="<% sprintf(_t('SilvercartPage.GOTO'),$Title.XML) %>" class="$LinkingMode levela"><span>$MenuTitle.XML</span></a>

This issue is fixed in the actual version and can be downloaded this evening 7pm (UTC+1h).

Cheers,
Sebastian

24 January 2012 at 2:48pm

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for the quick fix !

Just as an FYI - the silvercart.org site has the same issue when you mouseover the menu bar options. :-)

Bill

24 January 2012 at 4:08pm

Hi Bill,

thanks for the hint - we will update the demo store soon.

Cheers
Ramon