SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Shipping Method Import Help 2507 Views

Shipping Method Import Help

16 January 2012 at 10:35pm

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I have over 4,000 shipping entries to insert into the Shipping Method option and I want to use the Import function. The entries that are populated using the Shipping Method option are these by way of an example:

Main Tab
Shipping Method: "Hillcrest, North Shore"
Active? Yes
Courier: "Courier"

Zones Tab
Zones: North Island

Shipping Fees Tab
Unlimited Maximum Weight: Yes
Currency: NZD
Amount: 10.00
Rate: 15%
Zone (only carrier's zones available): "North Island"

I know that the requirement for CSV has many more columns that need to be specified (and populated?) for the import to be successful. I have played around with the import after doing an export and the columns saved in the export (.csv file) do not make up those required for the import.

Please can someone give me a working example of an import file for the shipping method as 4000 records to enter by hand will take a very long time.

Many thanks,

Carl

Re: Shipping Method Import Help

17 January 2012 at 5:28pm Last edited: 17 January 2012 5:28pm

Hi Carl,

thanks for your feedback.

Seems like we have encountered a bug here. We are fixing it right now. Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Ramon

17 January 2012 at 8:42pm

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for your message and for letting me know the situation. I've entered about 500 records by hand so made a start!

Look forward to hearing from you soon with the bug fix.

Kind regards,

Carl

18 January 2012 at 3:56pm

Hi Carl,

have a look at the new documentation article Shipping Fee Management - Import & Export.
This is implemented in the actual version. You can download the fixed version in our download section or directly here:

Minimal barebone package
Full barebone package

Cheers
Sebastian

18 January 2012 at 10:24pm

Hi Sebastian and Ramon,

Firstly many thanks for the fix and I'll download the new file(s) to try it out.

I'd like to make have a further suggestion to what you've done with the import facility if I may?

Can you add a 3rd option to import the shipping method and fees at the same time (in one go). At the moment:

1) We do an import of shipping methods
2) Then have to export the file to see what Shipping Method IDs have been created in the database.
3) Update the spreadsheet (or csv file) with the Shipping Fees for the created methods
4) Import the Shipping Fees to update the Shipping methods

If there was a way where we could just do step 1 to 4 in one go that would be great.

Is that possible guys?

Kindest regards and many thanks for all your hard work,

Carl

19 January 2012 at 2:44am

Hi Sebastian and Ramon,

I now have an error when trying to click on the 'Create Shipping Method' button:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getPermissions() on a non-object in /home/oursite/public_html/ourshop/silvercart/code/base/SilvercartShippingMethod.php on line 221

PLEASE could you fix ASAP.

Many thanks,

Carl

19 January 2012 at 10:15am Last edited: 19 January 2012 10:22am

Hello Carl,

fixed this issue. You can download here:

Minimal barebone package
Full barebone package

Regarding to your import workflow, you can skip step 2 and 3 by predefine the IDs of the shipping methods.
You can set the IDs of your shipping mehtods to any numeric value before importing them.
By doing this you can also predefine the shipping fee relations.

Be careful by the choice of the predefined IDs. If the predefined ID already exists in the database the shipping method will be overwritten! You should check the uniqueness of your predefined IDs before importing the shipping methods and their fees.

Cheers,
Sebastian

20 January 2012 at 10:00am

Hi Sebastian,

Many thanks for that.

I'll give it another try.

Kind regards,

Carl