SilverCart Forum

We moderate this Forum and we're here to help. Have you already run a forum search to check if your problem has already been solved?

You can help us helping you by providing detailed error messages, screenshots and logfile entries.

SebastianRamon

Page: 1
Topic Featured products on homepage 10975 Views

Featured products on homepage

22 February 2013 at 7:15pm

Is there a way to show specific products on the homepage, possibly by adding a tick box to the product itself?

Thanks

Re: Featured products on homepage

22 February 2013 at 11:16pm

Hi Prag,

you can create a widget set in the backend and define the products you want to have displayed.

Everything you see are generic widgets on the homepage of our demo store

In the template, you can modify the looks of the widget box.

Cheers
Ramon

25 February 2013 at 1:53pm

Thanks for your reply, Ramon

It seems that my widgets aren't working properly. In "Attributed Widgets", clicking on "Products", then "edit" brings up a popup with a loading bar that continues forever. I've tried pressing the "edit button" on other items in the list, and most (but not all) also fail.

Can you offer any assistance please?

25 February 2013 at 4:11pm

I've done a fresh install, leaving the language set to English (US), and the widgets work properly.

I guess the problem I'm having is related to requiring my language to be set to English (UK) as per this thread: http://www.silvercart.org/forum/support-and-troubleshooting/show/921?start=0#post1242

Any suggestions for a workaround to this new problem would be gratefully received.

27 February 2013 at 2:05pm

Hello Prag,

this is a problem we're currently working on. The javascript event after loading the widget GUI doesn't get fired, so the loading mask never gets hidden.

A fix will be available with SilverCart 1.3.6 at the latest.
If we find one sooner, I'll let you know in this thread.

All the best,
Sascha

27 February 2013 at 2:13pm

Thanks.

1 March 2013 at 3:12pm

Hello Prag,

the problem with the loading mask is solved and will be available with SilverCart 1.3.6.

In the meantime you can apply it on your installation quite easily, since it's only one line you have to change.

In the file "silvercart/templates/FormFields/SilvercartHasManyOrderField.ss" go to line 97.

This line should be:

$('#SilvercartOverlay').fadeIn(animationSpeed, function() {

Replace it with:

$('#SilvercartOverlay').fadeIn(10, function() {

and the loading mask should work fine.

All the best,
Sascha

1 March 2013 at 4:37pm

Thank works perfectly, thank you :D